9.15.2013

Letter to Our Missionary

Hi Sam! 

Hope your week has been a good one! We are thinking of you often, and hope that you know that we miss you and love you! 

Today I saw the missionaries in our ward and I gave them some Teddy grahams (I know, so nice of me right? Teddy Grahams of all things, better than the church bag alternative of a hot and slimy string cheese...), and I signed up to have them come over to teach our family a 15 minute lesson this week. I have to say I have never really been super friendly to the missionaries, not because I don't like them, I do... (okay mostly it is because I am an evil witch deep down, I guess, and people freak me out...) 

NO, no, I jest. But in all honesty,  but now that you are out on your mission it makes me more aware of our missionaries. I know that sounds bad, because I should be aware of them all the time. I hope that the people you are serving are making you feel a little bit at home while you are there, and welcoming you, and helping this crazy transition be a little bit easier for you. And since I hope that others out in Cali are doing that for you, I figure I better keep up my end of the karma deal and be that person a little more often to our missionaries here. So, you know, I hope someone out there is sharing their Teddy grahams with you too.

We all love getting the email's that Mom forwards to us from you. And, YES, it is totally okay by us that you email her instead of us all directly. I am sure that communicating with everyone is daunting, so any communication we get from you is fabulous. We will keep on emailing you directly regardless, and I do hope that you are able to get the blog emails I send to you...?? If  you are not, let me know.

We went to Tag and Sherilyn's wedding this weekend and it was really nice! It was super HOT in that room, but the ceremony was really sweet, the decorations were really pretty, and they all looked beautiful/handsome. They are super happy and committed, which is wonderful. There were tons of glass vases on the stage there with candles in them. While Uly and I were looking at them I found a live spider huddled down next to a candle. It was cool and creepy. and of course I showed all the boys. Also, we requested the song "Tequila" (the same one that PeeWee Herman does his silly dance to in Pee Wee's Adventure) and Oscar and Angus totally busted a move just like Pee Wee on the dance floor. It was awesome. 

Hope you got yourself some real food. Ego's and Cheerios only sound appetizing for a minimal amount of meals, or hardly ever... but I love that you are improvising with what you could find, good thinking! 

Can't wait to hear how your week was this week, if you saw any more "dumpy" cars, and what you fed yourself!

Love you Brother.
Helen

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...