10.20.2013

To Elder Robison

Hey Sam!

How are your new companions? How are you doing? I hope you are well, as I always do.

We have been having AWESOME weather this October. Not to be trite and talk about the weather, but seriously it has been sunny and mid to high 60's everyday. So heavenly. I am sure that is what you experience everyday.

This past Wednesday Bryan skipped a couple of hours of work, and I took Oscar out of school for a half day, and we all joined Angus and his preschool out at the pumpkin patch. On the way there I noticed that a cop was following me for quite a ways, he kept switching lanes when I would and everything. Suck. I was not even doing anything wrong. So he finally pulled me over for driving on a dealer plate. BLAST! I know better than that gosh darnit. I must take care of that. At least he pulled us over in the middle of nowhere (almost Kuna). So our reputations were spared, plus he let us go without issuing a ticket thankfully. But when we got to the pumpkin patch, Katie Davis was there working the field trips for them! It was fun to see her and she asked about you (as does everyone!) and she said to tell you hi from her and Royce. Also, I was wondering if you would be okay if I forwarded them some of your emails, she said Royce would love to know how you are doing and keep in touch. 

Angus has been on cowboy boot kick for the last month. It is so cool. Usually he wears shorts, high knee socks and his boots. Today for example he had a tie die shirt on, bright orange and purple basketball shorts, and his black cowboy boots with no socks. I love, love, love it. It is goofy, but I love that he feels so confident and proud and happy to be wearing what he picks out! I hope that continues! Thursday morning he had a Doctors appointment, and he wore his Mario shirt, soccer shorts, high knee socks and boots. When the Doctor came in she chuckled a bit, and told Angus how much she loved his outfit. Then she told me that when they read that the patient's name was Angus, she and the nurses had a bet going that he would be wearing shorts, knee socks, and boots just like the lead singer of ACDC would wear whose name is also Angus. It was pretty funny, and cool.

Oscar lost his fifth tooth today while eating breakfast. He was chewing his cereal when he yelled for me. He met me in the hallway with a handful of his chewed up and then spat out cereal. He looked up at me and said, " I lost my tooth, and it is somewhere in here." So I he dumped is chewed up bite on a plate and we searched through it for his rogue tooth. Luckily we found it and it is now tucked safely under his pillow. 

Ulysses is taking more and more steps and is really becoming more toddler like everyday. He loves to bock like a chicken anytime he sees any animal in a book or real life, play in sand and dirt, feed himself, and look through books!

Today I set up an appointment with the trio of missionaries in our ward. One is from Buena Park California. Anyway, they are coming over for dinner next Saturday and then they are staying to teach us the first discussion. I plan on have them over every couple of weeks or so and teach us all of the discussions. I have never heard them so it will be good for me, and I especially want the boys to hear them since Oscar will be turning 8 this summer. WHAT!? 8!? C r a z y t a l k. And I think it will be good for them to get an idea of what  you are doing. In primary today Angus told everyone that, "my mom's brother Sam is on a mission and it is in California." And tonight at dinner he said that when he grows up he is going to go on his mission to California too. What you are doing is important Sam! My boys know it too. Thank you.

Make it a good week! I know we are going to try to do so also.

Love you Brother.
Helen and Family.
Angus and his boots and knee socks. Bad quality pic, sorry.

Oscar's first grade pic in Tie die, Kindergarten pic on right.

Ulysses. Reading.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...